Photo page header


Creating a Lasting Impact with an Endowed or Current Fund

Endowed and current funds can transform the lives of current and future Ichabods by providing scholarships, supporting fellowships, research and professorships, and providing campus improvements.


Endowed Funds

You may endow a fund through either outright or deferred gifts and you may name it after yourself, you and your spouse or in honor of someone else. The Washburn University Alumni Association and Foundation will work with each donor to establish an endowed fund and administer it according to the policies approved by the board of trustees.

Donors have up to five years to reach the minimum principal amount of $25,000 as required to name an endowment. The Foundation assumes the responsibility of investing these funds and keeping financial and award records. The Foundation also maintains the endowment funds in perpetuity and makes the net income available on a regular basis to be distributed according to donor wishes.

An endowed fund can be created by:
  • Donating cash
  • Donating securities
  • Creating a planned gift
  • A combination of these options


Current Funds

You may wish to create a fund for an area on campus and fund it regularly, most commonly with an annual gift. The money in your fund will be made availble each year to the area on campus you designated. Like an endowed fund, you may name it after yourself, you and your spouse or in honor of someone else. You can work with the Washburn University Alumni Association and Foundation to establish a current fund.


Learn more and make your impact

To discuss how to establish an endowed or current fund to benefit Washburn University, please contact us.

Please enter your username and password below. If you do not have a username and password, click "New user registration" to register.

New user registration
Forgotten password

1729 MacVicar Avenue
Topeka, KS 66604 Phone: 785.670.4483